Here is some fun stuff that I put together for a youth rally we held at our church. They were mixers to get the kids talking to each other. Enjoy!
|Instructions: Use the
numbers at the front of the puzzle to help you figure out the clue that
26: L of the A means
26: Letters of the Alphabet.
|In this column, I've placed the answers to the puzzle at the left. Highlight the box to reveal the answer.|
|7: D of the W||7 Days of the Week|
|54: C in a D (including the J)||54 Cards in Deck (including the Jokers)|
|7: W of the A W||7 Wonders of the Ancient World|
|365: D in a Y||365 Days in a Year|
|18: H on a G C||18 Holes on a Golf Course|
|4: Q in a G||4 Quarts in a Gallon|
|24: H in a D||24 Hours in a Day|
|40: D and N of the G F||40 Days and Nights of the Great Flood|
|1: H on an U||1 Horn on an Unicorn|
|28: D in F||28 Days in February|
|9: J on the S C||9 Justices on the Supreme Court|
|101: D||101 Dalmatians|
|99: B of B on the W||99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall|
|76: T in the B P||76 Trombones in the Big Parade|
|88: K on a P||88 Keys on a Piano|
|90: D in a R A||90: Degrees in Right Angle|
|13: S on the A F||13 Stripes on the American Flag|
|60: S in a M||60 Seconds in a Minute|
|3: B M (S how they R)||3 Blind Mice (See how they Run)|
|64: S on a C B||64 Squares on a Checker Board|
|50: S in the U||50 States in the Union|
|31: F at B R||31 Flavors at Baskin Robbins|
|200: D for P G in M||200 Dollars for Passing Go in Monopoly|
|15: M on a D M C (Y H H and a B of R)||15 Men on a Dead Man's Chest. (Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum)|
This series of questions is full of tricks! Be on your guard and read every question carefully. You'll find that these questions aren't so hard after all.
To discover the answer, move your mouse of the question and look at the status bar at the bottom of the page. The answer will be displayed there.
1. Two boxers are in a boxing match (regular boxing, not kick boxing). The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds but ends after 6 rounds, after one boxer knocks out the other boxer. Yet no man throws a punch. How is this possible?
2.Two mothers and two daughters were fishing. They managed to catch one big fish, one small fish, and one fat fish. Since only three fish were caught, how is it possible that they each took home a fish?
3.What is the easiest way to throw a ball, have it stop, and completely reverse direction after traveling a short distance?
4.How much dirt is in a hole that is 3 ft deep, and 6 inches in diameter?
5. A boat is at anchor. Over the side hangs a rope ladder with rungs a foot apart. The tide rises at a rate of 10 inches per hour. At the end of six hours, how much of the rope ladder will remain above water, assuming that 10 feet were above the water when the tide began to rise?
6. Do they have a 4th of July in England?
7. How many birthdays does the average man have?
8. Some months have 31 days. Some months have 30 days. How many have 28?
9. In Baseball, how many outs are there in an inning?
10. What is the answer if you divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10?
11. A farmer has 17 sheep. All but 9 die. How many does he have left?
12. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the Ark?
13. A clerk in a butcher shop is 5'10" tall. What does he weigh?
14. How many 3 cent stamps are there in a dozen?
15. In which sport are the shoes made entirely of metal?
16. How far can you run in to the woods?
17. A man left home running. He ran for a ways, then turned left. He ran the same distance again and then turned left. Once again, he ran for the same distance and then turned left. When he got home, there were two masked men waiting for him. Who were they?
18. Steve has three piles of sand. Mark has two piles of sand. If they add them together, how many piles of sand do they have altogether?
19. If the Vice-President of the U.S. should die who would then be President?
20. If you only had one match
and entered a room with a kerosene lamp, a wood burning stove and an oil lamp,
which would you light first?
I hope you've enjoyed these.
If you know any similar puzzles that are not on this page, email them to me and
if I like them, I may add them! -firstname.lastname@example.org